<"www.capecodporcupine.blogspot.com" >

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Summer Sing Along - 2007 - Number 7!

This week, Porcupine considers the petulant candidacy of John Edwards - Senator, former Vice Presidential Candidate, and talk show host in touch with the dead (no, not that last bit...although he DID run with John Kerry) ... to the tune of 'Send In the Clowns' from the Stephen Sondheim show, 'A Little Night Music'.


I know I’m Right
I Know You’re Wrong
Just Get Me Elected
We’ll Get Along.
Pollsters are Clowns
Just Media Clowns.


I’m From the South
Speak for the Poor
Forget the Haircuts
And High Class Couture
Reporters are Clowns
Republican Clowns.


Just When I Had Bush in My Sight
Finally Knowing I’d Hang His Mistakes on the Right,
Making My Entrance Again with My Usual Flair
Sure of My Lines,
No Voters were There.

Obama’s a farce
Clinton I fear
I thought that Dems Want What I Want
Sorry, not clear.
But where are the clowns?
Those Progressive clowns
Don't bother, they're here.

John Kerry Lost
I Was Vee-Pee
I Took the Second Place Slot
So Now You Owe Me
So where are the clowns?
Those Democrat clowns -
Well, maybe next year….


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

These are all fantastic, but this one is my favorite. Absolutely fantastic!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 82% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out! 

Please take my Blog Reader Project survey.
********

Listed on BlogShares
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.
« # ! LifePost + ? » -->